Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Civil Service Examination (CSE) annually. It is one of the prime ways for aspiring candidates to become a civil servant. The examination is usually conducted in a span of a year, starting with preliminary examination scheduled in May or June. One has to perseverant enough to prepare and see through the UPSC results without any fear. Hence, here you will read some important tips to become an Indian bureaucrat.
The commission declares numbers of vacancies each year and only the candidates ranking in the top get a chance to become an IAS Officer. The vacancies for last three years are mentioned below:
Against a few hundreds vacancies, lakhs of application forms are submitted. Check the number of applicants in the UPSC exam for last three years:
|2019||8 Lakhs approximately|
From the two tables above, it can be inferred that the competition to become a civil servant and especially to get into the Indian Administrative Services, is tougher than it is expected. Hence, it is very important for the aspirants to know some set of tips to clear the examination without any obstacle.
10 Tips & Tricks To Crack IAS Exam
The following tips are one of the tested ones which a new aspirant can follow to clear the examination:
- Never fail to prepare – As it is said often that one who fails to prepare, prepares to fail. Hence, an aspirant should be well-prepared for the examination with the right importance given to the right topics.
- Develop a strong will – Follow the adage, “It’s not about how bad you want it, it’s about how hard you are willing to work for it.” Since the examination is a year-long process in itself and it is usually recommended to prepare for a year beforehand, a strong will is certainly advised.
- Consistency helps you clear – Another famous quote states that consistency leads to excellence. Be it any exam, unless you are consistent, it is tougher to crack an exam.
- Persist to clear and persevere till you do it – Just like a river cuts through a rock not because of its power but because it persists; similarly an aspirant who is perseverant holds better chances to crack the examination in the first attempt.
- Hardwork is the key – One can work on working hard even if he is not talented as it is quoted, “Hard Work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”
The above five are the intangible traits that aspirants should have and work upon while they should keep a note of 5 tips to cover the syllabus on time:
- Keep the resources limited – Start with basic NCERTs reading and then if it is needed then one can opt for a reference book.
- Make notes – Self-written notes are very important for the examination and one should not shy away from this task.
- Revise periodically – Revision is the key and helps you to easily sail through the examination.
- Take tests – Mock tests are very important as these help you track your preparation and give you an opportunity to learn from your mistakes.
- Be confident – Losing confidence ahead of the examination day reduces your chances. Hence, optimism should be practised and made a habit.
The examination is one of the toughest examinations and it surely fears candidates who set on this journey. However, keeping Syllabus for IAS Exam ready, an aspirant can fight this challenge and surely can crack the examination without fail.
UPSC 2020 examination process is underway with prelims taking place on 4th October 2020. Next step is UPSC Mains which will start from 8th January 2021 onwards. Aspirants who are in for this year examination should keep the above points in mind and go ahead with their preparation.